Hello, friends! Fall weather is officially (and finally) here! I was beginning to wonder if it would ever make an appearance or if we’d jump from Summer straight to Winter! Thankfully, we’ve been having some lovely Aumtum-esque weather for the month of October, so I am pretty happy. 🙂 This is my favorite time of year and I wasn’t going to be pleased if I was denied my crsip, yet not too cold, Fall weather!
Speaking of Fall, this is the perfect time to share some of the things I have been loving for this season and what I have my eye on.
Fall Skincare Picks
My top picks for skincare are products that I felt were perfect for this time of year. Some of the products I chose because they had Fall ingredients (because I love themes!) but also because they are hydration forward and now is the time to start upping our moisturizing game! 😉 All of these are products that I use and love (with the exception of Cocokind’s AHA cleanser, which is on my radar).
*some products do have affiliate links
- MyChelle Dermaceuticals Pumpkin Collection – I am obsessed with all things pumpkin, so I was more than happy to try this collection out. This is part of their “Strengthening Collection” and consists of a creamy cleanser, an exfoliating peel, and a moisturizer.
- *Cocokind Ceramide Barrier Serum – This is probably my favorite serum of the moment. I use it on top of their Probiotic Acne Serum and before my SPF. I can’t tell you how hydrated, plump and just amazing my skin looks when I use this consistently. I can’t recommend it enough, especially for this time of year!
- Bella Aura Gentle Purifying Cleanser – This is my all time fave gentle cleanser. It protects the skin’s moisture barrier, it provides lots of nutrients and can double as a hydrating mask. I can’t live without it! But if you want something that is a bit more exfoliating, but still very gentle, then try Cocokind’s AHA Jelly Cleanser.
- *Beauty by Earth Tinted Facial SPF ( I use the shade Natural Beige) – This can double as a moisturizer and make-up. It doesn’t provide a lot of coverage, but it does neutralize redness and helps to make my skin look more “vibrant” (aka less pale like a vampire).
**Discount code for Bella Aura is BRIE15, for Cocokind it’s SABRINA10 and for Beauty by Earth it’s eco-soprano12
Fall Beauty Picks
My choices for beauty products were based on the color palettes (were they “Fall” inspired) and ingredients – were they moisturizing, long wearing, etc. I personally like products that can hold up to whatever activity I am doing – especially if I am performing or on a date with the hubby.
- Fitglow Lip Colour Serum – I absolutely adore these lip serums! I use the Night Lip Serum everyday and the colors when I go out. They are so incredibly hydrating and nourishing! I generally love warm nudes or browns or oranges for Fall, but their “Blackberry Jam” shade is giving me all the Fall vibes right now.
- Lily Lolo Pressed Bronzer (I use “Miami Beach”) – I love a good bronzer no matter the season and this one is not only natural looking (not orange-y looking), but also good for your skin. I use bronzer everywhere on my face I need or want color, including in the crease of and under my eyes.
- Deco Miami Nail Color in “PSL” – This is a rich, red-toned pumpkin spice créme that is the perfect nail color for Fall.
Fall Fashion Picks
Who doesn’t love a good cozy sweater in the Fall? Or how about comfy sweats – which has pretty much been my attire of choice during COVID. I’m all about what’s comfortable more so than what’s trendy, but I still want what I am wearing (even if no one but my hubby sees me) to be flattering.
- Chunky Knit Cardigan – I love cardigan sweaters in the cooler weather and this one is calling my name! This brand has a few Fall worthy colors, but I am digging this golden shade.
- Fleece Coat from LL Bean – I really needed a new Fall weather appropriate coat, so my hubby ordered this one for me. I love the cozy, casual look of this and the black coffee shade I picked is very season themed.
- Sing Pretty Designs “Vocal Athlete” sweatshirt – What could be more perfect for a singer to wear in the Fall than a sweatshirt that says “vocal athlete”? I also love the rich cranberry shade and just how super comfy it looks!
Fall Repertoire Picks
Because I love themes so much, I thought it would be fun to pick a few Fall inspired art songs to share. I’ll link the videos and also a link to the text and translation so you can follow along. Some things for you to think about while listening: What are some things that you notice in the vocal lines or in the accompaniment? Is there a similar theme of how they use Autumn in the context of the songs? How do these songs make you feel?
- Herbstlied by Robert Schumann – text & translation
- Herbst by Franz Schubert – text & translation
- Pensée d’Automne by Jules Massenet – text and translation
- Chanson d’Automne by Renaldo Hahn – text & translation
What are your picks for Fall? What do you love most about this season?
Until next time,