Raise your hand if you’ve had acne growing up. Raise your hand if you were told that you’d just “outgrow it”. Now raise your hand if you are past your teens, 20s, 30s, etc..and are still dealing with breakouts! It’s frustrating, right?
As someone who has been battling acne and breakouts since I was 9, and who has always been super insecure about my skin, I see you and I feel your frustration. Since starting my blog, it has always been my goal to find & share products that were not just healthy for my skin (and the environment), but that would help to keep those annoying breakouts away. I mean, I get that breakouts are “normal” (and I use that term loosely) and that pretty much everyone deals with them at some point or another, but that doesn’t mean I plan to ignore them and hope they go away. Breakouts are a way for your body to communicate that something isn’t quite in balance, so they honestly should not be ignored.
But I digress.
I want to share with you some of the products that have been helping my skin combat breakouts. I mostly only deal with hormonal blemishes now and once in a while if I eat something I’m sensitive to, my skin will become red and inflamed, so these products are good for both breakouts and irritated skin.
I should note that I have tried literally hundreds of clean acne products over the years, but right now I find that keeping it super simple, with little to no essential oils or potent actives, and keeping to one or two brands have been working the best for me.
TBEs Favorite Oils for Acne Prone Skin
My favorite Products for Healing Cystic Acne
5 Things I’ve Learned on My Quest to Heal my Acne Naturally
So, if you have breakouts and also deal with sensitivity, these should definitely be checked out.
*some affiliate links may be used
Favorite clean acne products:
- Cocokind Turmeric Tonic $14 – This does contain tea tree essential oil, but it doesn’t irritate me at all and it really does get rid of blemishes pretty quickly.
- Bella Aura Multi-Repair Rescue Masque $150 – Read my review on this here. I like to use this as a spot treatment overnight rather than a mask and I find that when I wake up in the morning, my breakouts are pretty much gone!
- Cocokind Postbiotic Acne Serum $20 – This contains 1.5% salicylic acid, beta-glucan, and postbiotics to treat blackheads, acne, and clogged pores. It’s non-irritating and really does help to keep my skin clear. I pair this with the Ceramide Barrier Serum and my skin is good to go!
- Bella Aura Rapid Repair Clarifying Elixir $55-$96 – For years, this has been an HG product for me and my acne-prone skin! This lightweight serum rapidly improves the appearance of blemishes, redness, and irritation in 48 hours! It also helps to combat inflamm-aging with restorative antioxidants, MicroSilver, Norwegian Spruce, and Balloon Vine.
- Bella Aura Daily Repair Moisturizer $40-$96 – Super soothing, super hydrating, and super nourishing, this is probably one of the best moisturizers I have ever tried! This is also really great for dehydrated skin.
- Cocokind Texture Smoothing Cream $22 – Lightweight, soothing, calming, and blurring, this moisturizer is a good alternative to the Bella Aura moisturizer if you trying to be more budget-friendly. Both use ingredients to help support skin barrier health and this one helps to give a smooth almost blurred appearance to the skin thanks to Tsubaki seed oil. Smells strongly of celery, but the scent doesn’t linger long.
Discount codes: Bella Aura – BRIE15 will save you 15%; Cocokind – SABRINA10 saves you 10% on first-time purchase
These are what have been working for me lately, but here are some other products I have tried that are worth checking out too. I love all of these and they all work wonderfully, it’s just that I found that my skin seems to prefer simplicity more often than not now.
Wabi Sabi Blemish Correct $32 – EO free and very gentle
Blissoma Smooth A+ Correcting Serum $50 – Contains 20 actives so it may be a bit too active if your skin is overly sensitive, otherwise, this is one of my all-time faves.
Earth Harbor Naturals Cloudburst Balancing Gel Hydrator $28 – A very hydrating essence that contains marine probiotics, botanical hyaluronic acid, neem leaf, and turmeric.
Have you tried any of these? What are your favorite clean acne products?
Until next time,